Friday, January 8, 2010

Market wrap - 4:30 pm

Not even a bad Employment number could keep the market down today. It open down a bit but as the day progressed it creeped higher. The NASDAQ ramped up early and drifted higher as the day went on. The Dow and S&P were flat to up slightly throughout the day, until a big ramp shot around 3:30. Incredible. As you can see by the daily sectors, conglomerates, basic materials, and industrial goods were the leaders. Apparently losing 85,000 jobs is a good thing.

The dollar closed the session at 77.45, losing .456 for the day as gold was flat gaining $3.50. Orange juice hit a 2 year high because of the bad weather in Florida, closing at $150.90, up 6.91%

I'll add news as I can this weekend, as well as update things I might have missed. I had other things to do today and I have more to do now. Have a good weekend.

As always - click on images to enlarge.










No comments: